Online surveys can be fun but there are somethings you need to know if you're going to try participating for money.
1. Online surveys don't pay much - maybe you're looking for opportunities to quit your day job or earn a little extra to help out with a car payment. Don't rely on online surveys though because they usually pay very little - often between 10 cents to $0.50. On rare occasions you might get surveys that pay $5.00+ but you do have to qualify and they take a longer time period, sometimes up to an hour or over several days.
2. Benefits US residents - most paid online surveys are only open to residents of the United States and Canada. International users may sign up in some cases but opportunities for surveys are less so you won't get paid as much.
3. Watch out for scams - There are some sites that will ask you to pay for a list of surveys. They coerce you to sign up by promising you would make outrageous sums of money which is far from the truth. All these sites are scams (see reason #1). You can find lists of surveys for free if you visit Yellow Surveys.
4. You're screened - not everyone will qualify for the surveys a company sends since surveys are essentially used as market research. You will have to pass a screening in most cases if you want to qualify for a moderately high paying ($5.00+) survey.
5. Cash or Voucher? - Some surveys insist on sending you shopping vouchers instead of cash once you qualify to get paid. You have to get to a minimum payout before you can cash your earnings, which then may not seem so exciting unless you shop at Amazon a lot.
These are just a few of the reasons why online surveys for money may not be worth it. But you can still try them as they can always be fun.
Tips to making online surveys for money work:
- Create a separate email address for signing up to surveys and sign up for a lot of them.
- Devise a way to get through the screening process without getting disqualified. Usually, you will find patterns after being disqualified for a few.
- Discard the ones that are a waste of time for you.
- This is the most important of all - participate in the referral program if they have one. If you like the survey program you might want to refer your friends, family and even strangers. This is a great way to make more money each month than the surveys by themselves will make you.
If you're looking however to make a lot more money than surveys can offer, you might want to look into doing affiliate marketing. Here's a great article on how to become an affiliate marketer.