Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Tunes: Music I'm Thankful For in 2010

This week I'm starting a new series called Tuesday Tunes inspired by a meme started by Music Memoirs. They post a question about music and I'm gonna answer it here.

This weeks question, in keeping with the holiday tradition is "What music are you thankful for in 2010?"

It's kinda tough to answer because I'm not too much into all this new music. I still listen to 90's hip hop a lot.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted FantasySince joining the website, WhoSampled.com, I've discovered a lot of great music that I never knew about and I'm really enjoying those. The funk music of the 70's, soul of the 60's, electronic music and underground hip hop artists that I hadn't heard about.

The only music that I've been interested in this year is recently, the new Kanye West album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

I guess this is what I'm most thankful for. Kanye's new album is more than just a hip hop album. The guy, no matter how many times he's called a douchebag, is an artist in that he has created a piece of art that will be cherished for years to come. A timeless masterpiece.

This is the type of music I could listen to in 2010 and beyond and it gives me a break from having to play 90's hip hop albums and listen to more current stuff. That is something to be truly thankful for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment